Apollo After School offers after-school care and enrichment clubs at local schools. We are looking for outgoing, personable and reliable educators for our school-based programs in the area. A degree in education is preferred, but a related degree is acceptable. We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic, patient, and caring individuals who are flexible, responsible, and can work equally well with both adults and children.
As an educator, your responsibilities will be:
- Provide a high-quality learning environment and manage activities that extend the school day;
- Assist in the implementation of classroom curriculum and weekly lesson plans when needed;
- Ensure safety and security of children enrolled;
- Follow designated schedule and curriculum, maintain a routine for students;
- Effectively attract and retain students through enthusiasm, teaching skills, and patience;
- Assist with homework completion;
Our requirements for our educators are:
- Ability to command respect and cooperation in an elementary classroom.
- Confidence to run a classroom alone.
- A team player who can collaborate with peers.
- Ability to assess and solve problems associated with elementary-aged children.
- Ability to create and maintain a fun, caring, and responsive educational environment.
- Minimum of one year working with school-age youth, ages 4-10 in a school/after-school setting.
- Vaccination status.
Compensation: $17 to $22 per hour depending on experience.